Sunday, August 2, 2009

Follow Up Since My Last Incident

After I have fitted the IES GSM alarms in to my giant. I am glad that my phone has not received a single SMS on further attempts. I hope it will never send me any SMS at all. To make sure that it is really working I am going to test it twice a week to ensure that it is functioning.

Also I have fixed the immobilizer light blinking issue. After the locksmith has replaced the ignition module, he couldn't reset the immobilizer light from lighting up and blinking continously whenever I drive the giant (Toyota Alphard). According to the locksmith, he had never encountered such an issue before. He said he has to do some research and get back to me on it. So I was driving the giant with this blinking light on for a few days. Two days ago, he came to my place and reset that light and now it is no longer blinking. I am really glad that this is finally fixed.

Today the Joint Management Body (JMB) of my condominium has their 2nd Annual General Meeting (AGM). I took the opportunity to say my case. During the questions and answer session, I highlighted the attempted break in to steal my car and also the needs to beef up the security in the compound. They Head of Security promised to look into it and has also directed the Management Office officer to give priority in ensuring the security guards take extra percaution near the area where the break in attempt occured. I will continue to monitor how well the security guards are doing their job. I will continue to provide feedback to the JMB to ensure that such incident will not happen again.

I spoke to another owner during the break and she mentioned that her car was stolen from the compound 1 1/2 year ago. Even though the compound is now being guarded by a new security firm, I still want to make sure that I have all the precaution to ensure that my giant is safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment