Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My Regular Workshop

I have been getting quite a lot of queries from my reader on the location of my regular workshop. Instead of replying to each individual email, I will post the location of the workshop in this blog so that the reader can find it themselves.

The workshop is located in Kampung Sungai Kayu Ara, Petaling Jaya. To get there, you drive along Lebuhraya Sprint heading towards the Damansara toll. Just before the toll, there is a ramp on the left that leads to Bandar Utama. Keep left and follow the road leading to that ramp. After you pass the BHP petrol station, on the left is a used car dealer called Petra Motor. When you see the Petra Motor signboard, immediately turn in to a slip road parallel to the main road. Go up the slip road and you’ll see a row of shops on your left.

The workshop I regularly visited is called Pusat Servis Kereta Hup Seng. They occupied the last two shop lots. If you are not familiar with that area, the Google Earth coordinate are latitude 3° 7'59.07"N and longitude 101°36'30.23"E. Or click this link to see the location in Google Map.

This is the entrance to the row of shops.


Just becareful as you pass through the tight entrance.

This is the view of the shop lots.
This is the workshop that I send my giant for service.

Yes, that white car on the hoist is my giant!

Hup Seng is an old fashion workshop that service all sort of vehicles. The owner is called Wong and he has been operating from this workshop for a long time. Beside his regular customers, he also provide pre-delivery maintenance service for imported used cars for another used car dealer. He is very familiar with servicing of imported used cars, including Toyota Alphard.

I am not promoting this workshop nor do I have any business relationship with the owner. I am just their regular customer for the last 15 years so they do allow me to bring my own spare parts and they charge me a nominal sum for services. If you do no want to source for your own spare parts, you can get from the workshop.

As usual, I want to put the disclaimer here. Readers who are interested to send their car to this workshop do so at their own risk.

If you need to contact them, call 03-77291029.

7 comments:

  1. thanks bro. This could make my life easier

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to this workshop to change front brake pad.

    Many Japs and Conti car being serviced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi MD121,

    Glad you found the workshop.

    Yes, they are a general workshop that service many different brand of vehicles.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    Where do you get all your spare parts? I also read that the gear boxe is a CVT, therefore, need to use Toyota WS Gear Box fluid..

    Cheers..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jerm,

    I bought all my spare parts except engine oil from Wing Hin.

    If your giant is a 2nd generation Alphard/Vellfire 2.4L model then it has a CVT gearbox. Yes, you should use Toyota ATF WS (Part number 08886-02305).

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,

    Thanks for the info.. Also enjoy reading your blog, keep it up..

    Cheers...

    ReplyDelete